Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Tragic, but Historical Moment . . .

DISCLAIMER:
This post is for MJ fans and people that appreciate and celebrate his legacy. If you do not have anything nice or positive to say, you will be blocked and i will delete your comment. I do not mind honest opinions, but not negative ones. NOT NOW, so get over it and keep steppin.

OK, so as you all know, on Thursday, June 25, 2009, Michael Joseph Jackson died at the age 50 years old. He had a cardiac arrest (which is NOT a heart attack, there is a difference), but was probably not resuscitated in time. Then reports said that he was in a coma, which resulted in his death. While it has been almost 2 days since his death, I cannot really believe he is dead . . . like, i just can't grasp it. He was such an inspiration to me, and others around the world. He (and Janet!!) made me want to dance and master it (which is why I am somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to that). I'm really waiting for him to come out on stage at the BET Awards, that airs on Sunday, say "And this is how you make a comeback," perform BAD with perfection at it's finest, moonwalk off, and then have us screaming for more lol. But I know that's not reality (but i really want him to do that shit on the low though).

But seriously, I was talking to my mom earlier, and the newspaper was on the kitchen table and I made sure NO ONE threw the main page out because it had MJ on it with his signature "Billie Jean" performance look, in the spotlight. I was like, "UNH UNH, let me put this in a safe place because this will not be thrown out. This is a historical piece of paper right here." And she agreed because it truly is. As tragic as this moment in time is, it's a very historical moment as well. I told her we've lost the 2nd greatest man to ever live. She corrected me though and said he is the 3rd. Let me get you into the list:
  1. The GREATEST man to ever live: GOD
  2. The 2nd greatest: BARACK OBAMA
  3. The 3rd greatest: MICHAEL JACKSON
I couldn't disagree with that lol. I mean, we have immortalized MJ so much throughout of his entertainment career, we really did not expect for him to die. Like one of my friends said in her status on Facebook, I really thought I would die before he would (and I'm so sincere about that lol). It just does not feel real to me yet. I just know that now, more than ever, people are coming for the KING OF POP title now. Of course, they will all say that they can never be like Michael Jackson (AND THEY BETTER BELIEVE THAT SHIT), but deep down they think it's their chance. NO NO. That will never happen, in anyone's lifetime. We can have all of the Chhris Brown's, Usher's, and Ne-Yo's in the world, but it will never be to the perfection, and precision, that is MICHAEL JACKSON. So, if anyone who wants to be in the entertainment industry that is striving to become a singer/entertainer and reads this, all I ask of you is to please be ORIGINAL. Yes, Michael Jackson wrote the rule book on how to become the KING OF POP, but in order for you to be the new King, you must change the rules and bring originality. He can be imitated, but NEVER DUPLICATED. Understand it, and keep it moving.

As for the media, this autopsy business . . . that shit is for the birds. I honestly do not care how he really died, but I guess inquiring minds still want to know. He has passed, let him rest in peace. I won't be tuning in for that speech, I'll probably hear it from my mom or my uncle later on during that day. Also, this "where does that leave the kids?" business . . . last time i checked, they had mothers. Oh yeah, and THE JACKSON FAMILY!!!! The media can be so damn stupid lol. Plus, he has a will (I think), and I'm sure the kids are going to have a place to call home, as well as other things that he has left behind.

One of my mother's friends asked what was the purpose for all of the media coverage for him. All she knew was that he allegedly molested children. She also said it seemed like the world stopped for him. WELL, it did!!! Despite all the controversy in his life, all the negativity and mystery that came with Michael Jackson, you could not deny what this man was about as a whole: an entertainer who touched the lives of millions with his music and videos. All that he has done for THE WORLD surpasses the negative. He was massive and his collection of work will live on forever for generations to appreciate. He will never be forgotten, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!

From a true MJ fan, and others . . . . WE LOVE YOU MICHAEL!!!!

Michael Joseph Jackson
August 29, 1958-June 25, 2009






1 comment:

  1. Dont I understand...I didn't find out much of a michael Jackson fan I was until I watched the BET special nd knew every word to the songs, every dance step for step...kinda like nobody expected him to die...he was truly an entertainer...and he will forever b missed!!! R.I.P. MJ!

    ReplyDelete